Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Heaven Is For Real


Y'all I did not even have time to put this in the currently reading column on the blog because I read this book so stinking fast!  I have been really looking forward to reading this book for the last few months {especially since I was not a huge fan of our last two book club books!}  And can you believe this is the December book...it's still November when I finished this!!!  That might just be a first!

This is the story of a four year old boy who during emergency surgery went to heaven.  The book is what he told his parents about his trip.  Y'all this really got me thinking about heaven!  {I am not a fan of thinking of afterlife...}  I loved what this sweet boy had to say about heaven and it makes me want to try even harder to be a better person so I can meet {and stay with} Jesus one day.

One of my favorite parts of the book is how although this little boy is Wesleyan, there are many things that he saw in heaven that fit my Catholic beliefs.  For example, the people he encountered in heaven had halos.

I would definitely recommend reading this one even if you are not ultra Christian.  It is a really feel good book...  I mean it's heaven and a four year old boy.  Does it get any better than either of those?

Read:  November 2011
Pages:  192

No comments:

Post a Comment