Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Safe Haven


This was our August book club book.  {Do you see how close I am to being caught up?!?!?}  I think that I have read literally every Nicholas Sparks book that there is.  Problem is I starting getting them all mixed up in about 2004.  Now for honesty before beginning...  I did not actually finish this one {I know, you are shocked! ;)}

I started reading this one, but then I got to skimming {this happens far to often}.  The book seemed like it was going to be very predictable.  It is about a woman who left an abusive husband.... you see where it's going... and meets a nice man in the little town she moved to.  I felt like I had read this one a million times before.  But when I skimmed to the end, it was way to kooky for me!  And that my friends is all I can say without giving it away.  2 of our girls really liked the book because of the twist that I so disliked.

I would say if you really, really like Nicholas Sparks read it.  But get it from the library.  I do have a hard back copy if you are interested.  :)  I for one am officially done with Nicholas Sparks though.

Read:  July 2011
Pages:  340

No comments:

Post a Comment