Sunday, September 25, 2011

One Day


I read about this on someones blog and also heard about the movie.  It seemed like a fun book and it really was!

This is a book about a British guy and girl who began hanging out the day after they graduated from college July 15, 1980-something.  Anyway each chapter of the book is what is happening in their lives on July 15 of every year for the next 20 years.  It is totally different than any other book that I have ever read.  I was not a fan of both of the characters to begin with but they both really grow up and grow on you.

I think that maybe I liked it because the main character totally reminded me of myself and I like how she matured...  it was fun to see how they grew up through their twenties and thirties.  Let's face it I am in my mid-30s so I have been through a lot of what they have.  ;)

I heard the movies not great though.  Also be forewarned the ending will make you cry!  I totally didn't see it coming...

This is a good, easy read.

Read:  September 2011 Book Club book for Jan. 2012
Pages:  448

No comments:

Post a Comment