Monday, September 3, 2012

11/22/63


Wow!  It has been awhile since I updated the blog....but this was a really loooooooong book.  This the the September book for book club.  Happily I have finished it with a little time left to get on some more of the books on my list.

Anyway, this is about a man who can time travel back to 1958.  He goes back to try to save JFK from being assassinated.  I thought that maybe this was going to be hokey because I am not really into stuff like time travel and honestly not really into the whole JFK thing.  But y'all this was a good one.  I was telling my husband it must be really good because usually a book that is 850 pages I give up about 400-600 pages in and just skim the rest.  This one kept me going for weeks and weeks.  (Unfortunately I just don't get lots of time to read...)

The ending is really good and makes you think about life and the butterfly effect that our actions have.  If I liked horror, I think that I would really like Stephen King.  I liked his style of writing.

Another fun tidbit there was a nonchalant mention of The Reliable Wife.  Love it!

Pages:  849
Read:  August 2012

1 comment:

  1. I read this! (Read as in listened to the audiobook.) I enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete