Friday, July 20, 2012

One Tractor, A Counting Book


We picked this book out at the local library a few weeks ago.  It sat on James' bedroom floor for about a week before I picked it up and read it to him one night at bedtime.  Well let's just say that was a very sad week...  after the first night this was always the first book asked for at bedtime!

James loved every page of this book!  What's not to love:  tractors, cranes, pirates, a fire spewing dragon, boats...  It's every little boys dream {or at least mine ;)}.

I'll tell you what I loved: predictable, patterned sort of text, rhyming, a few pages without words that were good for talking about the book.  I loved it because it was only about four sentences per page and because it was fun and rhyming {I think this is why} James very easily memorized a few of the pages.  What a great confidence booster!  There was also so much to talk about that each reading we talked about different things.

I'd say this is a great book for any kiddo interested in boyish sorts of stuff.  ;)

James' age:  3 years 3 months

No comments:

Post a Comment