Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Where's Your Smile, Crocodile?


In my quest to help my sweet boy become a little more well-rounded, I grabbed this book during a library visit.  When we read it one night, James loved it!  Which made me so so very happy.  It's a cute little story about a crocodile who wakes up in a bad mood. He sets out to find his smile...in the end he finds it when he is helping someone else.  How's that for a nice sweet story with a good message?

The writing teacher in noticed the fantastic vocabulary.  You could totally use this when teaching word choice.  The author used a great variety of words for walking: crawled, plodded, clomped.  I loved how vivid her choice of words were.

So this book could be used for all sorts of ages depending on the purpose.  I highly recommend it.

James' age: 4

1 comment:

  1. You have reminded me that I need to start checking books out from the library. I always forget that is an option and just keep buying more books! :)

    ReplyDelete