Sunday, January 22, 2012

Unbound


This book was recommended by a lady at church a few months ago.  She described it as a book that would help you see sins that you return to again and again...  I guess I just didn't think that it was about deliverance {even though that is part of the title!}

As I read the first chapter I was a little freaked out.  I won't lie, but I decided to give this book a chance anyway.  It was okay, not life changing.  I did take away a few gems.  One is that the world is very scared of Satan.  This gives him power.  Either we don't want to think about him (or don't think he exists) or we give him too much power.  I have definitely fallen in both categories at various times.

Since I am Catholic and it was really talking about freedom from sin {mostly from deliverance}, I have thought that going to confession regularly would be good.  A lot of what he talked about was feeling freedom and God's love.  I know when I leave confession that is exactly how I feel.

Anyway it was an okay read.  I am not going to tell you to run out and get it though.

Read:  January 2012
Pages:  254

No comments:

Post a Comment