Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Cat in the Hat


A good friend gave this book to James for Christmas.  We have some other Dr. Seuss books,  but James has not been into them yet.  {Perhaps they are too long for him to stay interested...}  Anyway he has fallen in.love with this book.

I think a big part of this love affair is there is a Cat in the Hat cartoon on PBS that we often watch in the morning.  So he already know the characters.  I think that there is really something to be said for reading young ones books about characters they already know!  I am just happy to have kids interested in books and will take it anyway we can get it.

I do LOVE that PBS has shows about some quality literature.  Dr. Seuss is such a classic and I love getting to read this to James each night!

James' age: 2 years 9 months

No comments:

Post a Comment