Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Separate Country


I was ready for a good non-fiction book since I just finished Love & Respect.  I knew that I wanted one I couldn't put down...  well this was a good one!  I grabbed it at Target one day because I love Civil War area books about the South.

This is the story of General John Hood and his life with his wife Anna Marie in New Orleans after the war.  It was a story about love and redemption.  I had to make myself get through the first chapter, but after that I was hooked!  The story is told from the view of 3 people:  Eli Griffin, General Hood, and Anna Marie.  It was such a neat way to write the book.  I would highly recommend this book if you like books from this era.  I will say that I am not sure how historically accurate it is, but I never really care about that.

If you read and liked The Reliable Wife you may enjoy this one as well.  It had really similar themes.  I thought a lot about it while reading this one.

Read: end of December 2011
Pages:  448

No comments:

Post a Comment