Saturday, December 31, 2011

Gamble in the Devil's Chalk


This is kind of a random one....  I did not actually read the entire book.  I never intended to.  You see Gary Bryant, my father-in-law, was interviewed for this book before he passed away in March.  This book has been such a gift from God.  I loved getting to read stories about Gary from his early days....  Gary was a man who kept his cards close to his chest, so there was so much that I never knew about him. He was an awesome man and truly the best father-in-law a girl could ask for...

This book is about some of the men who were drilling for oil in central Texas (between Austin & College Station) in the 70's.  If you are interested in reading about Gary specifically he is in chapters 32, 33, and 49.

Read:  November 2011
Pages:  571

No comments:

Post a Comment