Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Shanghai Girls


This was our March book for my book club.  I checked it out from the library.  Funny story, they only had the large print version available and I needed to get on it!

I read a different book by her a few years back.  I really liked it.  This book was about a pair of sisters who grow up in Shanghai in the 30s.  They grow up living a glamorous life.  When their father loses all his money, they are sent off to America to marry brothers.

I read about half the book and then was rushed to try to finish for book club.  So in true Sarah fashion I skimmed the second half of the book.  It was a good book.  Would I tell you, you must run out and grab it.... nah...  if you have some time on your hands and run across it go ahead and read it.  :)

Read: March 2012
Pages:  336

No comments:

Post a Comment