Friday, February 24, 2012

Decoded



This was our February book club pick.  I feel like this is all that I have been reading FOR.EVER!  That is why there have hardly been any new posts.  In any case, I finished it today {as James napped, yay!}

This book told Jay-Z's story of hustling and turning into a rapper as well as decoding some of his lyrics.  I really enjoyed the narrative but not so much the lyrics.  I could literally not tell you one song Jay-Z sings {I was more of a West Coast girl...}  I took a week or two break in the middle because I wasn't feeling it. Then picked it up right before book club and found that I did enjoy it.  So I made myself finish it today.

You may like it if you know a lot about hip-hop {I had to ask my husband about songs or groups he referenced} or you just really, really like hip-hop.  I personally like books that are hard for me to put down and I breeze through.  This obviously wasn't one of them...

Read:  February 2012
Pages:  317

No comments:

Post a Comment