Sunday, June 6, 2010

South of Broad

I took a little break from Book Club books to read this one. I love Southern lit. I don't know why...maybe it goes back to my deep love for Gone with the Wind.

This one was great! It is a story of a boy nicknamed the Toad and how his life changed the summer before his senior year in high school. This book takes you through his senior year as well as an life changing event for his group of friends 20 years later. I loved how Conroy went back and forth between the two different time periods to share important information with you. This book has some good plot twists that will keep you reading. The ending surprised me even though I had skimmed ahead a few times.

This is a great summer read!

Pages: 512
Read: May 29-June5, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment