Thursday, December 17, 2015

Lizzie's War


It's been so long since I posted... but yesterday I felt like it was time to add to the blog.  I joined a new book club that I love.  I've been really trying to read a lot again lately.

This book was the book that started the whole book club.  Our organizer read this book and really needed someone to talk to about it.  Many  new people have joined the group and Lauren wanted to share this book with us.  I'm so glad that she did!

It's the story of Lizzie, a military wife, in the 60s.  She has 4 children and has one on the way with her husband in Vietnam.  This is the story of how she copes.  I also love that every other chapter in written from Lizzie's point of view and the others are from her husband's.

This was just a timeless story to me.  Although it's many years later, there are so many ways that I can relate to Lizzie.


No comments:

Post a Comment