Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Hunger Games


Oh my goodness!  I have read so many good books lately and am just so excited!  Y'all I read this book in literally 2 sittings.  Granted one of them kept me up until 2 AM!  So good that I did not peek ahead, just kept on reading.  I really wanted to read ahead, but I knew that would ruin the book for me.

Anyway, this book is set in the future.  North America has undergone numerous natural disasters and a new country has formed...  it consists of The Capitol and 12 districts.  The districts tried to revolt 70 something years ago.  Now each year the Capitol chooses a boy and girl (12-17 year old) from each district to compete in The Hunger Games.  The kids fight to the death in a huge arena.  This event is televised each year {almost like reality tv gone horribly wrong...}.  The main character Katniss is one of the contestants.

My recommendation is that you get in your car and get to the book store NOW!  I cannot wait to read the next two books!  My sister brought them over tonight!  And y'all read these quick, because they are going to be made into a movie!  :)

PS Are you Team Peeta or Team Gale?  Right now I am Team Peeta.

Read:  September 2011
Pages:  384

1 comment:

  1. Peeta! But, I don't feel as strongly over the decision as I did with Team Jacob. ; )

    ReplyDelete